Need Help With Laptop

Sisson17

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
Hello, I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 and have been messing around on it after getting it to boot up. My computer was extremely slow and would lag/never open applications, so I downloaded AVG antivirus and Norton Antivirus and did full system scans. Turns out I had a Trojan Hiloti and it was said to be removed. It's been about a week since removal and my computer is still slow and now I even get a message telling me I have Hard Disk Failure. Is there anything I can do to fix this? If I need a new hard drive would that fix this problem? Please help!

Note: Windows 7 64-bit (may upg. to windows 10 soon) with 2GB RAM.

Sisson17

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
So if I were to buy an external hard drive could I format it to work on windows 7 or 10 and then boot up my laptop with that?

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
You would need either the recovery media for your laptop - which I am betting you don't have, as many OEMs just create a recovery partition on the hard drive - or a Windows 7, 8, 10 install media, DVD or on USB.

Sisson17

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
Ok, if I have a bootable windows 10 usb I can replace the hard drive, boot up with the usb, and then format and install windows 10 on the new hard drive?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SilviuAlex99 Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 0
rahulkumarbudhwani Laptop Tech Support 1
khushit Laptop Tech Support 3
tangomengo Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 0