Need help with my 5.1 surround sound system

Disnop

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Hello,
I bought the Auna XCess 5.1 and in addition to that an external usb soundcard, the CSL - 7.1 Channel USB Soundbox. I configured on my laptop the sound to 5.1 surround sound over the usb soundcard settings. From the auna system I plugged three times 2 cinch to 1 aux in the soundcard (both front speakers in the front l/r, both sides speakers in the side r/l and the center and the subwoofer in the sub/c). My problem is that only here stereo sound from the front speakers, the subwoofer works as well.
I already tested when I only plugged in the side speakers and the sub/center there is no sound coming from the jack of the usb soundcard only from the front speakers output.
I turned the pro-logic from the auna system on and now the center and both side speakers give out sound but the volume is clearly more low than the front speakers.
Did i mess something up or is it not possible to here 5.1 sound from my laptop with my set up?

Thanks in advance.

PS: My Laptop runs with Windows 10.

The volume of each channel needs to be balanced. Drivers for the USB soundbox should allow you to do this. If there is a test tone for each channel set the volume so the pink noise sounds the same volume to you from your seat. This calibrates you speakers to play as the sound engineer intended them to. Often there is no intended surround sound.
When you use a prologic surround codec there is usually some unintended surround information that leaks into the rear channels so if you want to hear it more turn up the surrounds. In a digital surround system there is no leakage so if there is no rear information you can't turn up what isn't there. The center channel can be turned up since it is always on in prologic and digital surrounds.

The volume of each channel needs to be balanced. Drivers for the USB soundbox should allow you to do this. If there is a test tone for each channel set the volume so the pink noise sounds the same volume to you from your seat. This calibrates you speakers to play as the sound engineer intended them to. Often there is no intended surround sound.
When you use a prologic surround codec there is usually some unintended surround information that leaks into the rear channels so if you want to hear it more turn up the surrounds. In a digital surround system there is no leakage so if there is no rear information you can't turn up what isn't there. The center channel can be turned up since it is always on in prologic and digital surrounds.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 3
B Audio 5
M Audio 2
H Audio 2
J Audio 1
S Audio 1
S Audio 1
K Audio 10
N Audio 3
A Audio 4
C Audio 2