Need help with surround system and radio reception.

AttilaEH

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
I have a friend who is trying to hook up his TV to his surround sound, but he is having issues. How would i go about hooking a Pioneer VSX-D814 Receiver to his modern TV? And also, How would i help him boost his radio reception on the receiver, because it performs very poorly. Thank You!

Update: Thanks for the great responses! Here's what I found after using what you guys said:

http://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Audio-Video-Extension-Cable/dp/B00EK7SJLG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450145679&sr=1-1&keywords=video+cord

http://www.amazon.com/TERK-Amplified-Stereo-Indoor-Antenna/dp/B00008N9M7/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450306643&sr=8-2&keywords=indoor+fm%2Fam+antenna

Would these solve my issues?

The receiver has coax and optical digital audio as well as analog L/R audio inputs. The TV should have an output that will work. Most common would be optical digital. You will need to assign the rear connector to an input (such as TV) on the receiver.
Most receivers have an AM antenna but only have terminals to attach an FM antenna. If there is one connected try to raise it as high as you can. Some are directional so will work better when aimed at the FM transmitter. This is a common type of FM antenna.
http://www.onlinecomponents.com/gc-electronics-30270.html?p=11396356&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20Suppliers&utm_term=&utm_content=kQGNzIa8&ref=GoogleAd:Shopping%20Suppliers-GC%20Electronics&gclid=CP2u6PO03skCFYUWHwodKzgOlw&cshift_ck=9269bf1f-98d5-4507-97f1-3f811e70ca24cskQGNzIa8

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
E Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
kaishlothon Streaming Video & TVs 4
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1