Need help with Synaptics

Solution
G

I tried doing what the solution said to do but it didn't work.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

The bit that sometimes is overlooked is the delete driver package as below.
In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
Also try going to control panel and program and features see if you have this signs of the Synaptics driver package there? After deleting, any trace of older software could be stopping it. .

G

I did that too, even check control panel to see if it was there and it wasn't. I even tried re-installing it from Lenovo's website but nothing..

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

Some folk seemed to have resolved the issue some like yourself it still persists. As it appears to be resolvable? Lets have a think back to when this situation occurred for yourself. Have a think back did you have a system update or did you install a program or app that may just be conflicting with it? If you can remember when it happened roughly, go to control panel and check in program and features to see what may have been downloaded at the time by checking dates. You can always uninstall anything that maybe suspect. You can also try a system restore taking everything back to before it all went wrong by using system restore.
Now one more thing remember every time you make changes to drivers etc... you have to reboot the device for for any changes to take effect.

G

I just bought this laptop, didn't install anything on it. I guess I'll have to deal with it for now until I can find out why this is happening.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

Just found this online? Hope it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WUitVkjCcQ
This may work too.
FN + F6 enables/disables touchpad

Solution