Question Need help with upgrading ATT phone and review plan

nostob

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
We (2x household) have a "third" phone in addition to our work phones. We use it for personal use that we don't want on work phone and on vacation. So, use is low to moderate. currenlty, we still have the iphone 6 and need to upgrade. At the same time I like to review the plan. Also though that cyber Monday is a good time to look into this.

The phone line is rather old and we have a grandfathered unlimited data plan (however, can't use for hotspot). Otherwise we have a Nation 450 with Rollover plan.
The plan comes to $70.44 + taxes/fees.

Upgrading to a iphoen11 would be $699.99

Can I do better?

It's another $70 for a single line? Seems high for adding another phone, Verizon is $20 a line to add a phone to a plan.

Phone cost is up to you, if you want a new iPhone, then you pay the price for it. If it was my money and I wanted an iPhone I'd go with an 8 or maybe an X something for the cheaper cost.

nostob

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
This is not for a second line, it is to find a better plan for my line.
The other two lines are corporate account lines, can't add to it.

Last edited:
This is not for a second line, it is to find a better plan for my line.
The other two lines are corporate account lines, can't add to it.

I don't see you finding a better deal for unlimited data. What is really funny is that if you check some of the "unlimited" plans carriers offer, there are several options for it. I don't think they know what "unlimited" actually means LOL Verizon has 4 unlimited plans, that's just silly, it's like having 4 tallest mountains in the world.

I don't really need "full" unlimited. It is more a backup phone.

Then it's really up to you and if you want to keep the same phone, what phone you want to get and what service works best in your area. In my experience Verizon has the best coverage and signal of anything else I have seen. There are a dozen plans with any service, no way to pick one for you since it's up to you what you want to pay and for what type of data. For a phone, no way would I pick anything over a few $100 for a "backup phone". If you like Apple, find a used 7 or 8, or get an Android, plenty decent models for a few 100. Motorola G7 for example.