Need help with video editing software - Sony Movie Studio and Adobe Premier Elements won't open!

CooperLily21

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
I am having the strangest problem with my computer. Out of the blue, I am suddenly unable to open my Sony Movie Studio Platinum 11. It worked fine before but now it doesn't. So I did an uninstall using the Windows Control Panel (I know, not the best) and installed the updated version 13 of that program. Again, still no luck. So I did a complete uninstall of that version using Revo. Then tonight I purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 11 thinking that might work for me and, again, I cannot open the program. What the heck!???

I am running Windows 8.1. I did a Norton scan and everything is fully protected with no errors. After a bunch of restarts and attempts still no luck and now I'm at a loss. You all are my last hope for my YouTube channel!! Thanks in advance for helping.4

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention.

Does the program not start or can't you only open the file or both?

And like shreejan86 asked:

Any error messeges?

I don't know anything about Windows 8,1.

Is it a x32 or a x64 type, this goes for the programs too?

Could you be so kind to let us known which .type file it's all about?

What did you do before it accurd, an update or whatever?
Just need to know, just in case.

Hopefully I let you known enough, that you will find the answers you seek! :)

Good luck and have fun doing it! :)

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

CooperLily21

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Nope, no error messages at all. I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit. The programs show they are running in the task manager but they stall at the "start a new file" screen. So technically the applications are running, I guess....

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention.

Well, I don't know if you should see them active in the Task Manager at Services.
Just deactivate the program services and restart.
I don't say you have this issue, but a had it in the past that a program didn't start, service active. Deactivated the service, tried the program to start and/or restart.

Stuppid question:

Are thoose files still assigned to the programs?

Hopefully I let you known enough, that you will find the answers you seek! :)

Good luck and have fun doing it! :)

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte