Solved! Need help with whole house speakers

That is an really really ancient system made by Elan that is still in business.
https://www.elanhomesystems.com/
It includes audio and analog video distribution. If there are controllers in the walls then the system may be able to be made to work but since the functionality is going to be really limited by modern standards I would update it. You may be able to add Sonos Connects or Denon HeosLinks to the existing amp and speakers and make it easy to use. You could junk it and use the amplified versions of the above to provide source and power to drive the speakers.
I would suggest you contact a local custom installer to come take a look at it and advise you on how to update the system.

hang-the-9

Titan
Well from the pictures the speakers are wired to the central unit. Next question is that those speakers need to be hooked up to an amplifier to power the speakers and a pre-amp to connect devices to. Find those and you should be set. Or if they were removed find where they may have been so you can install your own. The cables don't seem to be labeled as to what goes where, without a diagram you would need to trace all the wires to see where they go.

That is an really really ancient system made by Elan that is still in business.
https://www.elanhomesystems.com/
It includes audio and analog video distribution. If there are controllers in the walls then the system may be able to be made to work but since the functionality is going to be really limited by modern standards I would update it. You may be able to add Sonos Connects or Denon HeosLinks to the existing amp and speakers and make it easy to use. You could junk it and use the amplified versions of the above to provide source and power to drive the speakers.
I would suggest you contact a local custom installer to come take a look at it and advise you on how to update the system.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Audio 2
B Audio 5
N Audio 13
K Audio 2
C Audio 5
M Audio 2
X Audio 1
J Audio 1
J Audio 1
M Audio 1
T Audio 4