Need laptop to support Linux, considering Lenovo Thinkpad vs Dell Inspiron or Latitude

mke48

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
I'm considering buying a new laptop. If I buy one, I would prefer one that has some version of Linux, such as Ubuntu. Or if it Windows, it should at least have good support for Linux if I need to install it.

I won't use the laptop for gaming or even watching movies that much. I will mostly use it for web browsing and emails, but also sometimes for programming and data analysis of large data sets. I'm looking for laptops that are light and easy to carry around. And I prefer laptops that are as cheap as possible. That is, no more than $600

It would also be nice if it came with SSD, but I guess that's not a huge deal because I can just my own SSD and insert it into the laptop. I only need about 250GB

It would also be nice if it came with more than 4GB of RAM.

I've heard that the Dell Inspiron/Latitude and Lenovo Thinkpad may be good fits for my needs. But I'm not sure which to buy because I'm not sure an Intel i3 processor is necessary and even much of a speedup over say an AMD® Quad Core A6 Processor or Intel Pentium if I don't intend to play computer games and I can just insert an SSD into the laptop

Any other suggestions for a new laptop that comes with Linux or at least allows Linux to easily be installed on it?

staste4290

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015

mke48

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012

oh, I didn't know about that Toshiba. Although its fast for its price, I don't need anywhere near 1TB storage and would prefer a laptop that is lighter and easier to carry and with a longer battery life. Its graphics and looks aren't a problem with me