Need Laptop Virus Help!!!

Xbox Tree

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Ok so my laptop is MESSED UP and that is a serious understatement. For months now I have been dealing with one of the worst viruses I've ever seen. I have searched and searched and searched for help but NOTHING helps, it just keeps getting worse. It's like no one else has had the problems I am having. I have a Windows XP Home Edition HP or Windows XP Professional SP3 (I don't know what any of this means) it's a Compaq. I have had this thing for a while now and it's been fine until I got this virus, I don't know where or how I got it but I can't stand it anymore and either I fix it or I destroy it. I don't have enough money to take this piece of crap in to get it repaired.

This virus I have does this;
constantly spams me error messages either from Java or Chrome, constantly tells me I am either running low or have 0 disk space (btw I kept deleting things and I guess with everything I delete it just fills up that memory with something else, idk but it won't stop), I can't access my anti virus software in safe mode or in general, the Internet is extremely slow and I can't play videos or listen to music because the quality is so slow it chops up the music or video making it torture to continue listening to or watch and I will occasionally get a blue screen that will go up for a few seconds and then restart my laptop.

If anyone can help me please please PLEASE do so.

Also I just want to reinstate that I do NOT want to spend any money on this thing so please don't reply with "Oh well you need to buy this this and this." Hell no. If there is no other solution I will just throw it out of my window.

Thank you.

Xbox Tree

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Okay I did that, only things that really stand out is this list of a bunch of random letters and numbers like "h0eC_vUDJ86.js" (there is about 27 of those) but other than that it's nothing really too suspicious, maybe "hcwebwindow.exe" or "globefind2.exe" idk.

BadActor

Estimable
Herald
Download and run Combofix. It is very good at removing stubborn virus'. Then run Malwarebytes and a couple of other online scanners such as ESET's and BitDefender's online scanners. No one anti virus will catch and remove all infections. Run Combofix first. If the virus prevents you from downloading it, download on another computer to a USB stick. Boot in to Safe Mode and run as Administrator. When you download Combofix, you may need to change the file name from Combofix_exe to Combofix.exe to run it. They do this to prevent some virus as recognizing it as an .exe file.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

http://www.bitdefender.com/scanner/online/free.html

Mar 30, 2015
Windows XP is the root of this problem. XP has more security bugs than an anthill and is years obsolete. Either upgrade to a supported version of Windows, use Linux, or buy a new computer. It will fix it for now but it will get more viruses. More and more.

Xbox Tree

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
I can't download due to 0 MB of free disk space and no matter what I delete or how many things I delete that doesn't change and I don't have spare computers just lying around. I guess I might as well just toss this piece of shit.

Xbox Tree

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
I think I like the first guys answer the best, how do I just wipe the whole damn thing? Just delete it all and start fresh? I don't care about anything on this computer I just want a computer again, not a virus infested POS that can't do anything!

Xbox Tree

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Both scanners want me to download something in order to use it while I'm on chrome however internet explorer supposedly will run the scan but I haven't found out yet because internet explorer freezes for minutes to hours at a time and I'm still sitting here looking at a frozen screen. And no I haven't run disk cleanup I don't know what it is.

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
Wait... OP, don't listen to anyone else. They're just telling you to download software that won't affect the situation. I'm suggesting to manually remove the virus, which seems to be the only way to do this without having to reinstall.

And looks like you found 2 viruses. The 2 file names you listed, hcwebwindow and globalfind2? Those aren't referenced by MSDN or TechNet (Microsoft resources), so I think it's safe to remove. Do make a backup of the files before you do anything.