Need old power cord for 1950s Webcor LP2791-1 reel to reel tape recorder or equivalent

Anoldmetfan

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
Does anyone have any idea where I might find something that fits? The requirement is 105-120 volts, 60 cycles, 95 watts which should be pretty standard but it is also the connection that is troublesome.

Solution
If the prongs spacing is standard then It does look like an extension cord will fit. Easy enough to try before you connect the other end to the wall outlet.
The tape recorder doesn't need a heavy cord. Anything you use will be fine.
If the machine hasn't been powered up and used for a while be prepared for it not to work. There are a lot of rubber bits that are perished, capacitors and resistors no longer meeting their specs and maybe tubes that need replacement. It would be a project with a long learning curve.

Anoldmetfan

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017

I suppose you are correct except I have no clue as to where to even begin. Is there somewhere I can read to learn?

Playing with power cords is not for beginners - a wrong conection might kill you (and I'm not talking about putting your Webcor on fire).

Make a picture of that unit, where the power cord is supposed to go. Open it, and see where it goes inside, make another picture, Post these pictures for us to see.

Anoldmetfan

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
Here are images of the outside and the label of power requirements:

https://ibb.co/jftfOF
https://ibb.co/bQTrVv

I hope this helps. Looking at the equipment, it will take some effort to even get into the inside of this thing.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

If the prongs spacing is standard then It does look like an extension cord will fit. Easy enough to try before you connect the other end to the wall outlet.
The tape recorder doesn't need a heavy cord. Anything you use will be fine.
If the machine hasn't been powered up and used for a while be prepared for it not to work. There are a lot of rubber bits that are perished, capacitors and resistors no longer meeting their specs and maybe tubes that need replacement. It would be a project with a long learning curve.

Solution