Need Opinion/Suggestion on a mid-range Laptop

Qais Makani

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Hello,

I've recently decided that I want to buy a latop. I would really appreciate it if any one could help me out.

I'm looking for a laptop which is at least able to support existing games like GTA 4 and AC3, and upcoming games like AC4, Watch dogs or Arkham Origins) with medium settings at 720p resolution. After a lot of research, I found the Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN. It has the following specs:

Intel Core i5 3210M at 2.5 GHz

Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB GDDR3

6 GB DDR3 RAM

I want to know if this configuration will be enough for my needs or if there is a better laptop for the same price. If any more info is required, please let me know.

Solution
The AMD APU's are good but they can only be joined with low range card leaving the GT650M stronger as you can see on the list, first dual AMD option about 65 places lower. For the price though they may be alright.

Qais Makani

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Thanks. That's a very helpful website. But I have one more question. Will a notebook with an AMD Processor and Graphich card be a better choice? I heard that the integrated graphic card and the dedicated one can work together. I believe its called crossfire. If so, which processor and graphic cards do you think would give the same or a better performance then the configuration I mentioned earlier? I also heard that AMD stuff is better priced as well.

rolli59

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
The AMD APU's are good but they can only be joined with low range card leaving the GT650M stronger as you can see on the list, first dual AMD option about 65 places lower. For the price though they may be alright.

Solution