Solved! Need porting expert!

Nov 15, 2021
Hello, I gave up my phone number of 15 years about 4 years ago. I don’t know why I did that and regret it to this day. I know this is ridiculous but it is bothering me.
Originally, it was a Cingular phone number that was ported over to numerous carriers. The number is not active to the best of my knowledge.
After countless hours speaking with att, T-Mobile Verizon and back to art, I was told they cannot have custom numbers. This is not a custom number!
Any experts with att out there that can me get to the bottom of this??? Please help me!

Solution
A custom number would be one that did not exist previously. The number is in their database. The whole thing makes no sense to me. Hopefully there is a pro out there that can guide me to the proper party/solution

That is your definition of a custom number not the one the phone company uses. Maybe the right term should be "a specific requested number". The only place that can assign you that number is the phone company so you need to deal with them to get the number back, some things like this that are "impossible" can often be made possible with getting the right tech and being the right amount of nice and friendly with them.
Nov 15, 2021
A custom number would be one that did not exist previously. The number is in their database. The whole thing makes no sense to me. Hopefully there is a pro out there that can guide me to the proper party/solution

That is your definition of a custom number not the one the phone company uses. Maybe the right term should be "a specific requested number". The only place that can assign you that number is the phone company so you need to deal with them to get the number back, some things like this that are "impossible" can often be made possible with getting the right tech and being the right amount of nice and friendly with them.

Solution