Need recommendations for surround sound system for computer

Cody Horton

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Hey all recently I've been looking for a surround sound system for my computer. The one I think is very good is Logitech z906 but its just so expensive. The only other model I can find is Logitech z506 but these seem cheap. Can anyone recommend an in-between surround sound speaker set. The speaker don't have to be logitech but one thing I defiantly do want is a system that will accept optical inputs (that's the main problem I have with the z506). Also speakers that use speaker wire instead of RCA style cables would be nice.

Thanks I'm open to any suggestions.

Solution
Unless you just don't have the money for it I would splurge it is one of those things you will have forever and move from system to system. I have the Logitech z5500 system and love it a little big in the bass dept. but that is fun sometimes :) I have been using mine for 5 years now moved on to its 3rd gaming build... Its just awesome for movies too can shake the house... Sorry if this didn't help any.

Thent

thently

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Unless you just don't have the money for it I would splurge it is one of those things you will have forever and move from system to system. I have the Logitech z5500 system and love it a little big in the bass dept. but that is fun sometimes :) I have been using mine for 5 years now moved on to its 3rd gaming build... Its just awesome for movies too can shake the house... Sorry if this didn't help any.

Thent

Solution

Cody Horton

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013

Hey Thent I agree with that. The main reason why I wanted to have optical inputs is so I can use it with other things. I guess I will just have to get it, maybe I can convince my girlfriend :lol: Any way thanks for answering I'll leave the thread open a little longer to see if anyone suggests anything else.