Need software to make music

G

I'm an aspiring musician, and I want to make some electronica on my computer (still building it). I have no idea what type of synthesizers, sequencers, drum machines, samplers, wave editors, e.t.c. are out there. Anybody know about that kind of stuff?

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Sorry, I only play actual instruments :tongue:

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

King_Denim

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2002
Fatburger don't be such a prude! I suppose everything was better in your day, glockenspiels, amigas, msdos, bassoons, tripe & onion's(er well my mum said she ate it!) The best thing about computers is that you don't have to learn grade 8 on any instrument to have fun and express yourself anymore-check out REASON by Propellerheads it does everything you could want in one easy to learn package for £200!!!This program is awesome. Also check out Orion and . Fruityloops. I think most of the programs are available as demos so try downloading some to see which suits and learn to play the best musical instruments ever devised - and all thanks to the very things these forums are about. Computers ROCK in more ways than one!!!!!

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree!

I play actual instruments, too ... and worked as a professional musician and vocalist for over 25 years. I have taught piano, guitar, and voice, and I worked for an assistant sound engineer in a recording studio for a few years in Atlanta, GA.

Since then, I have used several music programs on the computer, and this one is my favorite ... <A HREF="http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SR/SRXL1.html" target="_new">Cakewalk SONAR XL</A>. It's not cheap, but it's worth every penny, IMHO.

A 30 day trial version of the original SONAR software can be downloaded, just to give you an idea of the power of the program. Very intuitive features.

No tripe & onions for me, please! :wink:

Toejam31

<font color=red>My Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new"><font color=green>Toejam31's Tantalizing Tantric Toy</font color=green></A>
<font color=red>Second Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=15942" target="_new"><font color=green>Toey's Dynamite DDR Duron</font color=green></A>

<font color=purple>"Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."</font color=purple>

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
In my day? Hmm...I'm 20, was there ever a "my day"?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

King_Denim

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2002
Now your'e just trying to upset me! 20! 20!! 20 !!! Just teasing any way I just remembered another two:BUZZ which is a freeware program you can download which again is a 'does everything a studio can do' type program with a helpful community atmosphere which is capable of really good results but can be a little tricky and ProTools Free LE, a free download of the industry standard in digital audio which is more suited to recording accoustic audio OK then more traditional instruments!! Check ut what Toejam says about Sonar it seems everyone is raving about that....20! 20!!20!!!20!!!!

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Yes, I'm 20. I've only been seriously involved in live audio for a few years.

Don't step in the sarcasm!

Agent_Bonky

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2002
try using fruityloops, this program rocks, and is not that difficult to learn.
If you have music experience and know how "reason" works then definitly go for reason.

gaming is the only way to total rel@xation