Need some help with my laptop

Aug 24, 2018
I have asus viviobook max i bought it off a friend who said it could be used for gaming so naturally i gave it try besides the fact it ran like a total potato it ran okay i tried playing today (war thunder to be exactly) and my whole computer froze and gave me a crash report for the game i clicked close program and it took me to the home screen then the whole thing froze and wouldn't dont anything at all i left it like that for 30min or so before i just held down the power button for it to shut down when i tried booting it back up it gave me the asus logo that said auto repair underneath it afterwards it takes me to a black screen for a little bit then gives me a mouse cursor with no menus anyone thong they can help?

Solution

Yes a virus can cause issues for sure. See if the system has a disk check utility in the BIOS, or just try a clean Windows setup. If that also crashes you may want to try a different drive.
Aug 24, 2018

Yes when I got it i made sure fac reset it honestly I had changed my anti virus and once it ran a scan it told me some of my files had been placed into quaritean so I'm wondering of its something i might caught

Yes a virus can cause issues for sure. See if the system has a disk check utility in the BIOS, or just try a clean Windows setup. If that also crashes you may want to try a different drive.

Solution