Need suggestions on a pair of durable earbuds

Infirms

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
I started work In a warehouse and on break it gets pretty loud [mainly people talking ] I'm looking for some decent earbuds to use during my lunch break and on other occasions like at college and at the gym

my budget is around 150-200 dollars

any help would be appreciated thanks?

I was looking toward the jay birds x3 for 130 right now but i have heard mixes reviews about the product and customer support I have had beats in the past and one ear cup [solo ] completely snapped

Solution
headfi.org is where you wanna be, buds for exercising is gotta be the most popular post over there.

Warehouse you said... wanna be aware of safety issues. Bring down noise good, completely cut you off from dangerous surroundings no good, boss may not approve. My 0.02.
The bud itself shouldn't break off that easily, that may a user thing. What often die on earphones is the cable after many twisting, for that end buy one with a replaceable cord. The Shures have replaceable cords but it doesn't mean am endorsing it, please read the reviews.

if you work in a warehouse i would honestly suggest getting cheap ones. things get stolen easily and the gritty/dusty/dirty environment and your hands/ears/sweat/earwax will ruin a good pair. or get a pair of cheap on ears.

i used to run cheap $10 gummy brands at the gym or in places i could break them. i had higher end ones in the past but the dirt really got them pretty ugly.

agreed, cables are normally the wear point on in ears. something with replaceable cables might help but its not guaranteed. the other part is getting stained/destroyed by dirt/earwax/sweat.

most of the better in-ears are iems (deep in ear canal) such as the ones by klipsch, etc. they sound good but are not so good at the gym. honestly them and canalphones (the ones which sit more shallow) tend to fall out with sweat and motion and get really nasty from sweat/earwax/dirt. cleanable generally. earbuds (sit on ear canal) are not as comfortable (they are generally hard!) but they normally stay in place even under vigorous motion. now, the canalphones with an ear-loop would work and stay in place if you like those.

i used to work at a warehouse and used to bring in ears to the gym. your opinion may vary but i'm just sharing my own experiences.

Infirms

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016

Would u recommend the power beats 3 ? I'm planning to use these for work during a break in a loud area
at school [college] and
at the gym I tend to sweat a lot from doing cardio to heavy weight lifting

I've bought some cheap 40 dollar earbuds on Amazon and the worked good for about a month then Sweat started to get into the charging port and the buds them selves would cut off or randomly disconnect from my phone

Infirms

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016

Good point there on just getting some cheap earbuds any you can recommend I've had bad luck though with wire earbuds in general due to either one side or the other cutting out or losing volume

headfi.org is where you wanna be, buds for exercising is gotta be the most popular post over there.

Warehouse you said... wanna be aware of safety issues. Bring down noise good, completely cut you off from dangerous surroundings no good, boss may not approve. My 0.02.

Solution

Infirms

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016