Need to go back to Windows 8 for my job....

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlloyd1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Recently purchased a Dell Laptop (4 months ago) that came equipped with Windows 8.1, but need to transfer to new workplace due to upcoming move, and they do not support 8.1 or higher operating systems.... :no:
As a result, I need to downgrade to Windows 8, and i was hoping to get some advice to proceed since Microsoft does not sell Windows 8 anymore. :??: :??:
PLEASE provide direction, and thanks in advance!!:love::bounce::love:

Solution
Sorry to hear that.

BUT, we do not control whether you can downgrade to 8 from 8.1, if MS does not have a process for this we cannot guide you as to what it is. Therefore your only option was to buy a copy of the OS that you needed.

This is not our fault. so stop with the shaking head emoji.

You were given an option that would solve your very unique situation, especially as 8.0 was very rapidly replaced by 8.1, was almost a mandatory update and 8.0 probably didn't last for long enough for most companies to consider upgrading to it whilst it was current.

zlloyd1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

No, there is nothing wrong with 8.1, the company that I work for just does not support it, or any Windows version higher than 8.

zlloyd1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

I cannot do that because I use VM for my job, but they will not allow me to continue because they only support Windows 8 or lower.
So, I HAVE to downgrade, and that was the question!!

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006

Calm down.
buy a win 7 disk, install it.

zlloyd1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
I did not keep the job, and it kind of bit, but I have accepted it and moved on.... I had NO intention of going out and buying a copy of an outdated Windows over this, :pfff: I was hoping for some more useful information honestly, still It was disturbing to have to leave a work from home job over this, :ouch:but that is life. In any case, thanks for all the replies!!

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Sorry to hear that.

BUT, we do not control whether you can downgrade to 8 from 8.1, if MS does not have a process for this we cannot guide you as to what it is. Therefore your only option was to buy a copy of the OS that you needed.

This is not our fault. so stop with the shaking head emoji.

You were given an option that would solve your very unique situation, especially as 8.0 was very rapidly replaced by 8.1, was almost a mandatory update and 8.0 probably didn't last for long enough for most companies to consider upgrading to it whilst it was current.

Solution

zlloyd1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

The emoji was not 2 blame U or whomever responded here to my post, it was directed at Microsoft truly!! :)

zlloyd1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

No, I was blaming MS for an update that was "all-in", and basically meant a completely new Windows version that was no longer compatible with the previous. As for "not accepting your suggestions", your suggestions seemed to be go and BUY a new copy of an old Windows version, and that was not an acceptable answer.... :no:
Also, this thread is over and done with quite some time ago, and is now just throwing salt on old wounds!!

USAFRet

Illustrious

Whether you think that was the right suggestion or not, that was the correct answer.
You have Win 8.1. You need Win 8 or earlier.
There is but one and only one way to do that.
Buy a valid license for Win 8 or earlier, and tell it to never upgrade to 8.1

Now...that 'employer' requiring Win 8 or earlier is badly confused. But whatever.

zlloyd1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

Again, besides just beating on a dead horse, what is the shaking your head for?? :??:
This was a thread asking for a means to go back from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8, NOT back to Windows 7, which by the way was the replies that were given.... :heink::pfff::heink:

PLEASE STOP responding to this thread, it is OVER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.