Need to repair a TV - Part is impossible to find

Lapetos1

Commendable
May 5, 2016
I'm looking for a "difuser" for a Samsung UN55JS9000F(XZA) curved SUHD. It is a build in piece of the LCD Panel. My original one melted from the LEDs. Seeing as the entire panel costs upwards of $1000, I know I can pull the part from a broken panel which I've seen many people simply throw away. Unfortunately, TV part vendors do not sell this part alone, and the people I have contacted who are selling used Samsung TV parts have already thrown away the broken LCD Panel. Can anyone help me find this part? It does not have a part number, but you can see what the part looks like from another side-lit LED TV in this video @7:35 (https://youtu.be/e0W817opgyo?t=7m35s)

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

P.S. I have contacted Samsung support. They wish to schedule an on-site appointment to diagnose my TV. I do not wish to go this route.

Lapetos1

Commendable
May 5, 2016

When taken apart, there were visible burn marks on the edges of the difuser. This is what prevented light from the LEDs getting through and lighting the entire screen, causing dark spots across the entire TV. We did attempt to cut 1/4'' from each side but without perfect contact with the LEDs, the difuser might as well not have been there at all. We still have a very dark screen. I have no idea how the LEDs were able to melt the plastic, they do get rather warm, but I wouldn't think THAT warm. We did test the LEDs and they all work. A few have a chard look around the edges, but have no effect on their brightness. I may just attempt to move the LED strips closer to the difuser and lose a small amount of video from the edges of the display, I've just been hesitant to completely disassemble the TV again as it takes up a lot of room and is pretty time consuming. And thanks for the suggestion! I may end up going this route.

Lapetos1

Commendable
May 5, 2016
GCjTW

https://imgur.com/a/GCjTW
Here is my personal fix that I'm not too happy with. I would still love to find the proper part. If anyone knows where to find one, I would appreciate the lead. Thanks!