I have an older 4year old samsung LCD Tv and I bought a craig sound bar and I cannot get it to work by following the audio in

sbuch

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
I have a Samsung LCD TV and I purchased a Craig sound bar , my TV does not have an optic plug nor does it have blue tooth so I am using the audio in and audio out cables audio out for the TV and Audio in from the sound bar . I have tried to go to the settings on TV and still cannot get it to work can anyone help me?

Solution
That model doesn't seem to have any audio outputs.
Your options are to get the audio from external sources directly. An external HDMI input selector with audio extraction might prove useful.
You could also connect a speaker to line level converter to the wires that go to the internal TV speakers to provide an audio output. Not electrically complicated but you would have to open the set.
Without model numbers we can't tell what connections you have available.
Are you sure the TV has an analog audio "output" and that it's not an input?
If the TV has a headphone jack use that. If it doesn't have any audio outputs you would have to modify the TV to connect the soundbar. Connecting a speaker to line level converter to the wires that go to the internal TV speakers would give you that connection.

sbuch

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

sbuch

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
The Model number is a LN40E550 and there are audio jacks there but it does not say in or out on them so it is possible that this is the problem can you tell by the model number? And I do not see a headphone jack on the TV so that will not work.

That model doesn't seem to have any audio outputs.
Your options are to get the audio from external sources directly. An external HDMI input selector with audio extraction might prove useful.
You could also connect a speaker to line level converter to the wires that go to the internal TV speakers to provide an audio output. Not electrically complicated but you would have to open the set.

Solution

sbuch

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017