thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
I don't know if this really belongs here, but i recently bought nero 8.1.1.4 from a friend. Thing is, the only real reason i wanted nero was to use Nero Vision, but every single time i add a file to a cd/dvd, it gives me the usual "NeroVision.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". I tried changing the cd, adding different file types, it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Or alternatives? :cry:

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
My experience with video editing/rendering programs is that when this happens, your best bet is to completely delete the programs including folders and the register, although the latter can be dangerous. It's never a good idea to install more than one video program on a machine at a time, they don't play well together. I recently got Adobe Premiere Elements and it's proved to be the most stable video program I've ever used including an earlier versions of Pinnacle, Power Director, and several versions of Easy Media Creator

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
This is true however when setup options for the program choose only one to open up media files and if you need the other choose manual. I use power producer gold comes wiff nero, hav'nt a problem but then I only have one program handling my media and that is mediaplayer. all others I use manual.
Are you trying to add or move a retail disk, or is it any file that creates this error

thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007

It's actually any file i add, and i removed any association with nero to any file type before installing so it doesn't interfere with other programs (not that i have any other programs that handle cd burning etc). Maybe its a problem with my OS?

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
I remember in an old version I once had there was a problem with file size and nero but i really don't know what could be causing this problem.

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Try burning with another program, e.g., Windows Media Player or Audacity, which is free, for music. I think Virtual Dub will burn Videos but not sure, been a while since I used it and it's free. Are you trying to burn a VCD or DVD for video?

thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007

Yes i am making a dvd for my dvd player. :ange:

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Suggest you download the trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements and try burning a DVD with it. I don't remember what if any restrictions,l e.g., the length of the DVD or if they put a watermark on the DVD. I don't know of any free DVD burning software but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you can burn with another program, then you know the problem is with Nero. Have you tried to edit the video before burning? It's possible that Nero cannot handle the file format you're trying to burn. I've used a lot a of video editing/burning programs over the years but not Nero. Not certain but I'm thinking Nero may have one program for editing and a second for burning. When you edit a video, the program will save the edited piece in a proprietary format that can only be read the program itself. Don't know if Nero will more your typical video format files like mpg or avi. What is the file extension of the file you're trying to burn?