Netbook painfully slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptroyano

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Netbook is painfully slow. I was trying to put wifi usb on it but it defies websites I go to with its molasses speed. I am plugged in with cable.

Solution
Netbook is netbook, not a laptop, for slow performance issues usually two ways to fix: upgrade hardware or clean the system http://www.speedup-netbook.com/ If still you can't put up with it, go get a "real computer".

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
well... all netbooks are modern enough to have built in wifi, so there is no need to add on an external wifi adapter.

Also, yes, netbooks are slow. It is their nature to be 'bare minimum' laptops that are good for browsing the web... and nothing more. If you run a tight ship, only installing absolutely nessessary software, making sure that your registry is clean, keeping tabs on your startup programs in msconfig, etc. Then you can get a fair amount of power from a netbook. I use mine all of the time to do audio recording with no problems, and after upgrading to 2GB of Ram it really helped speed things up. But it is equivilant in speed to an 8 year old pentium 4 (but instead of 140W it takes a mere 4-8W), so yes, they are quite slow even under the best of conditions.

ptroyano

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

This is a Xihama ,can't find any wifi on it. Also would like to add ram but can't locate ram.
Thanks folks.

ptroyano

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

No luck, can't figure how to interrupt boot up to see bios or anything. All I can get is running windows ce v 5.0, can't get past shell.

ptroyano

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
No am convinced is a piece of junk, just thought I could kick it up a notch. And Xihama doesn't acknowledge this model on their site, if I could call them I would. Thanks .

acdy80

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Netbook is netbook, not a laptop, for slow performance issues usually two ways to fix: upgrade hardware or clean the system http://www.speedup-netbook.com/ If still you can't put up with it, go get a "real computer".

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.