Netbook Screen broke or computer fried?

c911darkwolf

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
I had one of those little netbooks given to me. The person had laid it in the floor and then stepped on it. She weighs around 150ish and dont think she stood on but for just a second. When i power it on the screen is white with some weird black designs.

Now at the very least the screen is fried.. I'm wondering though if it would only need a new screen? or if the motherboard is friend as well?

Here's what i checked.

Took the screen out, and there is no cracks on the screen, the back or the electric board on the back.
The actual case for the computer has no cracks or broken pieces.

I hooked up the VGA out to my monitor and tried to power it on. I couldn't get a display on my computer. it Powers up and you can see the lights working for the hard drive/processor.

So before i bought a new screen i was looking for ideas on how to tell if the comptuer its self is damaged? The case does'nt look liek anyone ever stepped on it can't find any hairline cracks, broken pices ect. I think she just stopped on teh screen and applied too much pressure that it damaged the screen only.

Any thoughts?

c911darkwolf

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
So no ideas then eh?

kk, i'll see about ordering a new screen then and hope for the best. Going to play around with trying to get the VGA out controller to work, but seems like i need to do a leap of faith on this one and just try it.