Netflix and TV Streaming Will Be iPad's Killer App

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
not bad. still a blockbuster lover (bluray, block from my house). am i the only one who still likes to wander a movie place? netflix movies always had nasty finger prints on them anyway. still cool though.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
blockbuster[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]not bad. still a blockbuster lover (bluray, block from my house). am i the only one who still likes to wander a movie place? netflix movies always had nasty finger prints on them anyway. still cool though.[/citation]
I'm with you. I only hope blockbuster doesn't totally do away with their stores. I enjoy looking around the wall with my g/f deciding what to watch.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
http://www.tvunetworks.com/ works on the iphone, so does http://www.orb.com

I use orb to remote access my files, and videos on my pc. Also since I have a tv tuner in my pc, I can watch live tv on my iphone ;)

G

apple's got some business strategy there; targeting the masses who enjoy watching movies in the bathroom... though i prefer a laptop for this one. id imagine it'd be hard to hold the ipad while using your other hand for... personal endeavors...

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Toilet companion?
Best description so far...
From the specs, yes, these could be the ipad's killer... literally.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Enjoy your BlockBuster Video, it's on Notice. There probably won't be any Video stores left after next year cause Netflix and Redbox are killing em 1 by 1 everyday. Bluray and Streaming Video are going to be your only choices soon, you can get a Bluray player for $70.00 now. I will be glad when BlockBuster and Hollywood Video and the rest are gone, for years they soaked us for renting Video's, now it's time they got their Butts handed to them. So Long Losers!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Pretty sweet actually. It still doesn't have a place in my mobile arsenal but Netflix is better than no Netflix. My main problem with the device is that it'

Von Death

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I can already imagine the iPad's next marketing headline.

"Dangle upside-down naked over a deadly snake pit while using the iPad to play a motion controlled video game. In 3D."

blasterth

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
I think normal laptops or netbooks are better for watching movies over the couch, bed, or even the toilet, because you need to hold the tablet in position while the laptop can hold itself in the right position.

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
oh yea toilet seats are so comfortable i just want to spend hours on them watching tv. FAIL!!!!! i would much rather sit in my comfy easy chair and look straight ahead at my big tv than look down for an hour and get a cramp in my neck.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I can watch the LOST episodes in HD on my 360 from Netflix.. Does anyone know if this can handle the the HD content? I guess it doesnt matter, I sure as hell am not getting one anyway..

americanritual

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
This stupid thing just went up in value to me. I am a huge fan of Netflix streaming and have been waiting to see who would get the first app. Thought it was going to be Windows phone 7 later this year. Hopefully the new Netflix app will be available on my itouch soon.

G

yeah, why can't they make an iPhone netflix app? I've been looking for one from day 1! if I can stream netflix to my laptop over my sprint aircard, why can't I stream netflix to my iPhone over 3G?

Status
Not open for further replies.