Netflix App no Rear Speakers Sound on 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewippel

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
After recently formatting my pc and installing all the latest drivers (mobo, audio, gpu, etc) and codecs, my Netflix app will not stream 5.1 correctly. When I watch a 5.1 audio ready film via the app, the 3 front speakers and subwoofer play correctly but the 2 rear speakers make no sound. I know it's a problem with the Netflix app because other 5.1 media play perfectly, with all speakers working. All cables are in place and only Netflix streaming is effected. I don't have any other 5.1 streaming services so I don't know if it's exclusive to Netflix or every surround sound stream. I've contacted Netflix and they had no idea what to do. Everything was working fine before the formatting and I was using the same OS, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Any idea? This is driving me crazy. Thanks!

My specs:
CPU - AMD FX8350
GPU - AMD 280x
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
RAM - 8GB
Sound - Soundblaster Z 6 channels

ewippel

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
Anybody??? Anyone??? :(

I went ahead and downloaded some other MOBO drivers and a K-lite codec pack that... did nothing to fix the issue. This sucks!

Like I said, any other media with surround sound works perfectly, all except the Netflix app. And for that matter, the 3 front speakers that do work, I can tell that the channels are correct. What I mean by that is the center is where the voice comes out, for example. So the only true thing that makes no sense is why is there absolutely no sound coming from the rear speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.