Netscape Users hosed by Intuit TurboTax

G

Folks,

I know this is a "low level" post for many of you, but...

Many of you probably use TurboTax for your taxes, and have for a long time. I first started using it in DOS and Win. 3.1 years ago.

Well, today I started up my 2001 tax year year copy of TurboTax to get some early work done. The first screen after you get into the program is a screen to update the program, a rather important item for a tax program.

To make a long story short, Intuit has made the program like a piglet eating off its mother Microsoft. If you do not have at least IE version 5.5., you cannot update your program, nor can you access anything from Intuit in the program.

I guess that screws all us Netscape users, or people who use other brousers. If anyone can come up with a solution, I would appreciate hearing it (other than you guys who would say "Just get IE"). I dislike IE in about every way possible, and I will be looking for a new tax program if
I can't find a solution.

If this issue bothers you, then drop a suggestion to these clowns at intuit.com and complain.

Sincerely,

John Kay

We hold these truths to be self-evident...

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
I hate Netscape anyway :)

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

update using IE and then go back to your own browser.

<font color=purple><b>Techie2001</font color=purple></b>
<i>(Crazy Alien)</i>
If it ain't broke, Don't fix it. :wink: