Never Wonder Which Switch is For What Again

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]fiddle_sticks[/nom]How you gonna use it when the power goes down? a normal switch still works in that situation... fail.[/citation]

.......... < nuff said.

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]dreamphantom_1977[/nom]Thats not a light switch it's the next gen ipod...[/citation]

Hmmm. Law suit ^^

Xatos

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]Looks cool, but I have a few doubts...- In a time where energy efficiency is king and all unneeded stand by lights are being switched off ever more, you would add a lit switch?- I must be special, but personally I never forget which switch operates what...- Strict parents that need a switch to keep their kid off WoW can hardly be considered strict parents in my opinion.[/citation]

You don't understand the need for this because you don't have enough money to. At my finance's house, there are a solid 30 lightswitches in the living room between the walls. Fans, lights, displays, you name it. It's confusing as hell.

Sorry, we don't all live in 1 bedroom apartment.

dmwright

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]At least if you had a central location, you could make sure all of your lights are off when you go out. I think that alone would make up for whatever power the panel uses.[/citation]

Yeah, I guess you would be able to tell if someone is getting up in the middle of the night.

As a tablet this would be nice in the case of a burglary, you might just want to shut off the lights, or scare the shit out of the guy by turning on all of the lights, just before you knock him out.

On the other hand, the burglar might end up stealing the tablet instead of of your flat screen TV!

G

damn was this really necessary to invent? my lazy finger finds it difficult to flick a switch to figure out where my light source is.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I imagine someone remotely cutting the power to my computer... while I'm updating the BIOS.
They would owe me $2,000 in cash.

If it included thermostats/AC/blinds etc. I would consider it.
Maybe e-paper that has a very low backlight.

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Looks cool, and it would be neat to have the blinds and AC and stuff on it, they should also make it a digital thermostat[/citation]

I can just imagine having bedroom blinds on that device. What if it malfunctioned and the blinds opened while you were naked and the neighbors got a free peep show? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.