Neverwinter MMO Hits 2 Million Player Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I play it daily. My wife and I have 5 total accounts between the 2 of us. We aren't even bots which I'm sure run at least 10 accounts at a time on a single PC. The reality is there's probably no more than 400k unique humans playing the game. It's still a good game. Would have been better as a pay to play though..

frish

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
It's pretty good, but a lot of things are insanely expensive such as epic mounts being $35, bag space for $10, guaranteed fusing of shards (1% success rate usually) for $10, although they are cheaper on the auction house.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
It will get boring once you hit 60...the end is a gear grind and you have to pay to respec. Funny thing I found while playing was that specs are found for PVE for example, used by streamers on twitch and then by the rest of the population and are right away "fixed" during the next patch forcing you to respec. Its almost a mimic of diablo 3 where they leave little choice for specs

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
It's really not that great. I've got a few characters on it, but I haven't actually played it in months. I'm not a fan of the interface mainly because it doesn't work well with my Nostromo. It almost requires a full keyboard, but with the way combat goes a player can't take the time to look down at the keyboard.

Also, I have leveled from 42 to 57 just from the hourly invoking and tradeskills, which feels a lot like cheating. The first three invokes of the day give XP, each on half as much as the previous, but it is a very significant amount. I leveled from 56 to 57 in 5 days from just the invoke mechanism, and most of those were just hitting it twice per day, once before breakfast and once just as soon as I get home from work. My tailoring is now up to 20, giving me all this extra gear once I hit 58-60. Once I hit 60, I'll be in 7 purple items, just from tailoring.

My "Leadership" tradeskill is making quite the profit in astral diamonds. It's up to 14 now. It's a lot like the duty officer mechanism from STO.

Really, they made it too easy in some ways and too difficult in others. I don't recommend it.

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I played it longer than most games that cost $60, so I threw them a bone and actually spent $60 on in-game items (bags mostly). It couldn't hold my interest past max level, but I wish them luck in keeping the momentum going.

I think it will appeal to people who want to play a MMO but don't have the time for one like WoW. Which could work for them because who really has that kind of time.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
It's a nice free replacement to WoW. My wife and I are playing extremely casually as in once a week or less. Not looking forward to being forced to pay for stuff like bags and respeccing, but considering we used to pay $30 a month for two WoW accounts, a few bucks isn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.