Solved! New 4k TV help please

Feb 23, 2020
My wife decided to surprise me last week with a new 50 inch Hisense H50B7300UK (£299) , to replace our Sony 32 inch. After the 'man buys gadgets in this house' argument :D , The Hisense tv looks good when watching TV programmes in HD, but when watching football the pitch just appears hazy when the camera pans. I have watched a few youtube 4k clips on the TV and they do look really good.

Will I get much of an improvement if I change the TV for a slightly more expensive one (up to £100 ish) , for example a Samsung UE50RU7100KXXU at £379 ? Buy Samsung 50 Inch UE50RU7100KXXU Smart 4K HDR LED TV | Televisions | Argos

Or how much higher price wise till I start to see a difference. Is the motion rate important for me ? As Samsung use their own.

Or for the price range Im looking at , is it better to spend the extra money getting Sky Q, to get the 4K for sports ?

Appreciate any advice.

Last edited:
Solution
If the 4k clips you watched are of football then getting Sky Q would be the better solution.
Cheaper TVs do a poorer job than better ones at upconverting content to 4k. The faster the motion the worse it looks. Using a 4k source bypasses those circuits in the TV.
Having said that the better TV is likely to have an overall better picture but only a marginal improvement in upconverting. The bigger than screen the more you notice the flaws.
If the 4k clips you watched are of football then getting Sky Q would be the better solution.
Cheaper TVs do a poorer job than better ones at upconverting content to 4k. The faster the motion the worse it looks. Using a 4k source bypasses those circuits in the TV.
Having said that the better TV is likely to have an overall better picture but only a marginal improvement in upconverting. The bigger than screen the more you notice the flaws.

Solution
Feb 23, 2020
Hi American
Thank you for your info. No they weren't football clips, but i will see if there are any. Thats intetesting to know that having 4k content will look different as it bypasses any upscailing. . We have tried changing some settings on the tv to no avail. More family arguements later and I'm still unsure on spending more on a Samsung. The hisense tv says its 60ghz but the samsung says thers is 1400 pqi. Its seems genrally confusing if the samsung is a better rate ?