New Audio drivers

samuelmcgary

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
So recently I brought a new gaming headset logitech g430 and I was wondering if I still need to keep dell audio and realtek audio drivers since logitech has they'really own audio software and if so how do I remove it?

Solution
Do not remove drivers for resources found on your motherboard. Logitech's drivers and supporting software are only for your headset. The RealTek drivers and Dell software is for the audio hardware found on your motherboard (whether you are speaking about a laptop or desktop). Even if you don't plan on using these audio capabilities Windows won't like not having drivers for devices it finds. Unless you can disable the audio device in the BIOS/UEFI, if you remove the drivers, Windows will find the device everytime you boot up and attempt to install drivers.

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
Do not remove drivers for resources found on your motherboard. Logitech's drivers and supporting software are only for your headset. The RealTek drivers and Dell software is for the audio hardware found on your motherboard (whether you are speaking about a laptop or desktop). Even if you don't plan on using these audio capabilities Windows won't like not having drivers for devices it finds. Unless you can disable the audio device in the BIOS/UEFI, if you remove the drivers, Windows will find the device everytime you boot up and attempt to install drivers.

Solution