New Blockbuster Service Won't Be Netflix Killer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]The only thing DirecTV has is sports. Sure there are a lot of sports fans but I think that they are so focused on sports that they have let the movie and regular entertainment aspect fall apart. Not to mention DirecTV is really outrageously priced once any special offers for new customers end. I'm dropping them next week.[/citation]
i can't stand it when people watch and talk about "football" all the time....it's sickening

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
...so basically Dish is just rebranding their existing download service? The 'streaming' to settop boxes isn't new, although I don't know if they offered it previously at a flat rate like this. I think before it was more of a glorified PPV.

The combination of that with the mail service, particularly for games, might make it interesting. Or would, if I had a DVR.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]i can't stand it when people watch and talk about "football" all the time....it's sickening[/citation]

That's because you're ignorant lol

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
All Dish needs to do now is steal NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV and it's light's out for DirecTV, as NFL Sunday Ticket is quite literally all DirecTV has going for it right now, and the only reason I'm still with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.