New Computer severe under performance on day 1?

louiscooper136

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
I have Purchased a brand new laptop see link:

http://www.amazon.com/N550JK-DS71T-Full-HD-Touchscreen-Laptop-Aluminum-Body/dp/B00IAA5BSS

It is an Asus N550JK-DS71T

Specs:
Processor: Core i7-4700HQ 2.5 GHz
Memory: 8gb DDR 3
Storage: 1 TB 5400 RPM Storage
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX850M

I have an older Dell xps 1645 with specs that are below that, except for memory, thats 8. And the old laptop beat this new supposedly superior one. When I opened the laptop I immediettely had trouble with the realtek audio system and driver in the laptop. It would constantly pop up and cycle between speaker and headphone, without actually changing anything. And then I tried to run minecraft, which performs okay on the older Dell, but on the Asus it lags even more with the same settings. I ran a benchmark test from a website on both and the xps even scored higher than the new "superior" Asus. Can someone explain how this could be remotely possible? The new laptop even seems to open folders slower than the older dell model...Even if the laptop was damaged during the delivery what are the odds it has all these things wrong with it??

Note:
I tried reinstalling drivers, I even restored the laptop to the factory settings and no change.

TRENDING THREADS