New DSLRs and Mirrorless Cameras Sport Retro Look and Feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saffron_Blaze

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Other than the price and sensor there is nothing pro about Nikon's new Df pro-level DSLR. At $1000 more than the D600, you lose all kinds of the D600's features to obtain this "cool" retro look yet you get the same consumer grade Auto Focus system, the same shutter as the consumer grade models and there is no video, no WiFi, no GPS. Moreover, the build is no better than a D600.

njclicks

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
What I'm not getting is that, if there is a market for all things 1970's. Then why would someone spend a lot of money on a new piece of kit, when a good FILM SLR would meet all their needs.
A 'pro body' without video isn't going to be of interest to professionals who might one day need that option.
I wish Nikon well, but I think they've dropped the ball a little here.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Yeah, because there is so MUCH film to be purchased nowadays...

On a real professional Camera site, this is a bit too retro, but it is something that some Nikon owners want, the ability to use ALL Nikon lens for the past 50 years.

This Df uses the same sensor as the D4, not the D600. For many photoshoots, GPS, WiFi and video IS NOT NEEDED.

The instant level of controls on this camera are desired over modern ones. Which for my own personal usage - is fine, as they have some dials which are great to have.... not as much as the Df.

Status
Not open for further replies.