New Game Controller Prototype Pulls and Stretches Thumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sockso

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
This sounds cool in concept. But I'm afraid that only a few games would ever incorporate the control into their design well. Also, damn kids would break the thing overnight.

G

I could see this helping to tell what angle the bullets are hitting your character. Like in Gears of war. You see red on screen and feel the rumble but this controller may be able to help pin point that so you can evade attack.

Microgoliath

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
@ jacekring cnt quote on phne.

That could be said about sport games as well, why not go out and play golf? Or soccer? Or cricket? Etc. Its just made for those okes that can't or enjoy playing the game and actually doing it.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
how about a gun controller with force feedback.
get realistic, not console. you put something like this into a console you better upgrade the power supply or add another power cord.
also stop designing stuff for 5 year olds, this thing is the size only a infant child could use.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
great another stupid gimmick to make consoles more apealing , and cover up the simplistic and dumb games that they have .... i have yet to see 1 pc game that does not suffer from being awailable on consoles as well or being a console port...

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
They will continue to provide simpel devices for simple people who don't know better, the reason I can say this hear because non can use PC and can never lookup tomshardware.com via thier console or smartphone(which is not a PC).

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
The problem I have with today's game controllers is aiming, since I play FPS only. It's simply not possible to aim quickly and accurately with a stick only 1/2" long. I'm constantly amazed that this problem has not been addressed. Unfortunately, this design does nothing that I can see to remedy this failing of current controllers. The old Sidewinder Dual Strike is the best FPS controller ever conceived.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]ram1009[/nom]The problem I have with today's game controllers is aiming, since I play FPS only. It's simply not possible to aim quickly and accurately with a stick only 1/2" long. I'm constantly amazed that this problem has not been addressed. Unfortunately, this design does nothing that I can see to remedy this failing of current controllers. The old Sidewinder Dual Strike is the best FPS controller ever conceived.[/citation]

use a bloody mouse whydon'tyou

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]I never understood fishing games....or hunting games....WHY DON"T YOU JUST GO FISHING??? Grab a beer, sit your ass down on a lawn chair and fish...at the end of the day maybe you'll get to eat some fresh fish! As for hunting, grab a shotgun and go mow down some real birds, it's much more fun then shooting them on the tv screen.[/citation]

fishing anything interesting costs a crap ton of money, the fishing ploles themselves can cost a base of 500$, in a game, its at least a bit more interesting than real fishing.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I was wrong, some of those console only users do read this, oh well at least they don't know how to use keyboard since they can't type anything without thier thumbs.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
When I first looked at the picture, I thought it was some kind of material that could shape perfectly to your hands... That would've been cool.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Wow, some of these comments are just downright hateful, arrogant, and eccentric. I will admit, I'm a PC gamer through and through, but not all the games I play are necessarily better with a damn KB/M. Keep an open mind, for crying out loud, people.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
[citation][nom]wooodoggies[/nom]controller = noob[/citation]
Not true. Some games play better with keyboard/mouse, and some games play better with a controller. A real gamer acknowledges both.

Status
Not open for further replies.