New gaming laptop FPS spikes

May 27, 2018
I bought the Dell inspiron 7577 gaming laptop a month ago, at first it was working fine and i didn't get FPS below 70 in games and now even when i set the performance to high (which i hadn't done before and sitll got 70 fps) i still have extreme fps spikes, mostly my FPS is 15-20 when i play for a bit and then for a few seconds its working smoothly then back to 15-20. I tried reducing the graphics of the game but that didn't make any difference and i turned vsync off in the nvidia control panel but still my fps is capped to 60 i dunno why. My laptop does heat up a lot even though it's new and i'm sure the fans didn't get dusty already, i got a laptop cooling pad for it, the temperature still goes to 80-90 degrees when gaming.

Here are my laptop specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
1 TB HDD
Nvdia Geforce GTX 1060 with max-Q design

Solution
Sounds like there may be an issue with the device then. I would contact the seller (if an exchange is still possible) or if not, try the manufacturer. No new device should give you issues.