New Gaming Laptop: Sager vs ASUS?

DanOo

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014
I'm on a budget of around $1500-2000 and want to get the best laptop for my money. I've really considered buying an ASUS G750JS with an 870m GPU, though I've heard plenty of good things about Sager too. I'm torn about which to buy. WHAT DO I DO?!

Solution
MSI GS60/70 pro - they're doing 870Ms along with 2 fans and good build quality.
Asus G750 series are known to also have good build quality and cooling.
A sager is just as reliable and you could probably get an 880M and a load of other extras for your budget; but the build quality or cooling just won't be as high. It's your call.
MSI GS60/70 pro - they're doing 870Ms along with 2 fans and good build quality.
Asus G750 series are known to also have good build quality and cooling.
A sager is just as reliable and you could probably get an 880M and a load of other extras for your budget; but the build quality or cooling just won't be as high. It's your call.

Solution

UrGrue

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014

Actually, I wish to contest this.

I have a Sager 8258-S with an 880M video card.

I run games on ultra (Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dishonored), and the GPU tends to hang in the low 80's, the CPU in the high 70's. Nothing about that is 'bad cooling'. This is with the fan not even ramped up to maximum.

The noise level on the fans (which usually is a big complaint) is also fairly non-existent.

The sager 8258 has two fans. one for the GPU, one for the CPU, both blow out of the back. The chassis itself stays quite cool (likely in the 30c catagory under load).

So far I've been extremely happy with the build quality. So much so, I bought one for my wife (with the 870M) and the cooling and performance remains rock solid as well.