New Graphics card doesn't open up pc

Panda7

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015
I've just bought a dual x r9 270x sapphire graphics card but it doesn't work I can open my pc I see the windows sign then it just stays black. It opened once but it went onto the black screen halfway through me trying to install the disk of this graphics card. I replace it with my old graphics card and it works. I also tried to put the graphics card on my brothers pc and it worked but it doesn't work on mine.

Solution
If you installed the R9 270 graphics card, and have the extra 12v Pci-e power connectors that may be required for the card to run right via the the PSU you have in your system.

And you have made sure that also the four, or eight pin 12v Eatx from the Psu is connected to your motherboard also.
(power connection to the motherboard is found near or around the cpu socket of the motherboard)

Then things are set right so far.

Ok so if you were running any on board graphics solution of the motherboard before you fitted the R9 270x card into the Pci-e slot of the motherboard.

You must after inserting the 270X card connect the monitor video lead to the motherboard video display output ports.
You must then go into the bios of the motherboard...

Shaun o

Distinguished
If you installed the R9 270 graphics card, and have the extra 12v Pci-e power connectors that may be required for the card to run right via the the PSU you have in your system.

And you have made sure that also the four, or eight pin 12v Eatx from the Psu is connected to your motherboard also.
(power connection to the motherboard is found near or around the cpu socket of the motherboard)

Then things are set right so far.

Ok so if you were running any on board graphics solution of the motherboard before you fitted the R9 270x card into the Pci-e slot of the motherboard.

You must after inserting the 270X card connect the monitor video lead to the motherboard video display output ports.
You must then go into the bios of the motherboard and change the Graphics interface mode to Peg, or Pci-e interface mode over the motherboards built in graphics solution.

Save the settings in your bios before you exit it, then swap the video cable to the monitor, from the motherboard
To the graphics output ports of the R9 270X graphics card.

Restart the system if you wish.
You will then get a video signal to your monitor via your R9 270X card.

In windows Make sure that you have removed any other video driver software, for any other video card that was running in the Pci-e slot of the motherboard before you begin to install the video driver for the R9 270X card.

The rule also applies for any video driver that may be installed for the graphics solution on the motherboard also, that driver must be un installed as well.
To do this power your system on and keep tapping the F8 key on your keyboard.
When you get to the menu for booting windows OS.
Select safe mode.

When windows has loaded remove, un install via add remove of windows all and any video drivers currently install on your system.

After that restart the system, and let windows load into normal mode.
Then install the driver for the new R9 270X card you have just fitted into the Pci-e slot of your motherboard.

If you follow the check list, and guide here in order you will get your new 270X card working with your system ok.

Check , and do everything in order and your 270X card will work right I promise you.

NB: if using a Dvi connection and you have two Dvi ports also try swapping the monitor video lead, cable from one display port to the other if signal is lost after installing the 270X driver after a restart of the system. One Dvi port may be set for an analog display output, while the other will be a Digital output for your monitor signal ok.

All the best Shaun.

Solution