New Guitar Amp Doubles as Low-Profile PC

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
no word on amp wattage ??? that fcan really effectr how good it sounds as well as how much it would vibrate teh computer hardware inside . a 30 watt guitar amp can be fairly loud with little to no vibration especially if it has padding build i to dampen sound between the computer parts adn the speaker. on teh other hand a 60 watt guitar amp can shake the sh-- out of comp compoents , and a 30 watt bass guitar amp would likely balss the comptuer components to peices. further more i jsut don't see much point in this as a PC , unless your band mates like lan parties and vice versa. as for the pc speaker , thign that wouldnt work so well either , no 5.1 surround and your sound would be offset , so again this product doesn't make much since. i think R&D would have been beter spent creating a bass guitar amp that doubles as a home surround set up's woofer (ie. the bass guitar amp has satillite plugs on the back for pushing surruond setup). i'd say guitar amp too , but well guitar amp's are not gerneally amde to ahndle low frequencies like bass amps are.

last but not least i do ahve to give them kudos for trying somethign differnt with their ampm and the pc , as an avid pc , gamer, game art design major , as well as a bass guitar palyer of 16 years i can say this is a nifty idea.

peterkidd

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Why not multiple TRS inputs and a mic XLR input? Then you can set up a digital record of your jam or put together a song. Now the user has to spend another 100 - 400 bucks for a multi-input interface.

Rock on my computer friends!

G

None of you have no idea what this means for us musicians!

It virtually allows us to run Ableton or Reason to full effect without worrying about resource usage, send/receive delays, or when headphones can't cut it. Plus, it's always good to have an additional sound monitor to help fine tune our samples/clips over dozens of power speakers blazing away at full throttle. >:0

Now... if only they would put an output port. -____-

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Exactly. They need to load this with some decent recording and track editing software and it'll be a win for musicians. I think some of the surprise comes from the fact that Orange is doing this. If Peavey or Roland did this no one would raise and eyebrow but Orange... known for overly simplistic valve amps.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
SO "this amp runs Windows Home Premium 64-bit" Does this mean you can choose which version of windows as long as its home premium?

G

This is stupid. There's nothing convenient about having a desktop computer built into a guitar amp. You still have to carry a keyboard, mouse and monitor plus, what about the massive vibration and magnetic interference produced by the speaker? What about all the heat? Why not add a fully functioning aquarium, complete with filter, pump, 2 gallons of water and a fish? Hmm... perhaps a fold out motorized scooter?

Status
Not open for further replies.