New house sound surround system

dennyinusa

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Hi Friends,

Need advise: For new construction house, looking for great family room surround sound system and couple stereo in ceiling speakers (1 in kitchen and 1 in master bed)

Estimate I got from my professional is:

1-Surround sound pre-wire and component cable above fireplace 300.00 (Equipments not included)
SMURF TUBE ABOVE FIREPLACE WITH PULL LINE 50.00
EXTRA ZONE DUAL VOICE COIL SPEAKER W/VOL CONTROL KITCHEN 240.00 Episode
EXTRA ZONE DUAL VOICE COIL SPEAKER W VOL CONTROL MASTER BATH 240.00 Episode

Do they sound reasonable. This pricing is for wiring only. No equipments included.

Thanks,
Denny

Solution
What kind of profession is this professional in? Has he done this before? What is his audio/video knowledge?

Good idea on the Smurf Tube but you might want to consider having it run through the entire house to future proof it.

I forgot to add: I did CAT-6 cable in my house. CAT-6 cable(does not replace speaker wire) is easy to use, not expensive and you can just attached different connectors depending on your needs. I built a NAS server also because I prefer wires over wireless.

What kind of profession is this professional in? Has he done this before? What is his audio/video knowledge?

Good idea on the Smurf Tube but you might want to consider having it run through the entire house to future proof it.

I forgot to add: I did CAT-6 cable in my house. CAT-6 cable(does not replace speaker wire) is easy to use, not expensive and you can just attached different connectors depending on your needs. I built a NAS server also because I prefer wires over wireless.

Solution