Surround Sound from Multiple Displays

Aug 26, 2018
Hey guys,

So in my gaming room I have 2 main monitors for my PC on my corner desk but I also have a TV on the wall hooked up to to the computer so I can easily put games/video or whatever else up on the big screen.

I also have a surround sound system with four corner speakers, a centre speaker on the wall above the big TV and a sub-woofer.

My question is, are there any audio drivers that will change the directional sound based on what monitor the program making the sound is on? I.E, if something was on the big TV is would centre on the centre speaker, but if I then moved that application on to one of my desk monitors in the corner it would have the centre of the sound in the corner speaker.

Not sure if this is a thing but with a simple 3D room set up and the right drivers I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

EDIT:

To break the problem down:

The first hurdle would be to split the sound so each monitor generated it's own sound output.

Then it would need a driver capable or storing the positions of the monitors and speakers relative to each other (similar to realtek's room correction) and output the different sources together as a digital surround signal.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Solution
I know exactly what you want to do and to my knowledge there is no "driver" to do that. It's completely different than room correction. No way to set the levels, distances and channel assignment for each speaker based on the monitor. You would need a center speaker at each monitor and the other speakers wouldn't be in the correct positions.
Only way I can think of would require an AVR and 5.1 speakers for each monitor. You might be able to use one sub but would need an input selector for it.
I know exactly what you want to do and to my knowledge there is no "driver" to do that. It's completely different than room correction. No way to set the levels, distances and channel assignment for each speaker based on the monitor. You would need a center speaker at each monitor and the other speakers wouldn't be in the correct positions.
Only way I can think of would require an AVR and 5.1 speakers for each monitor. You might be able to use one sub but would need an input selector for it.

Solution