New iOS 6 Jailbreak Integrates Cydia App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Toms, do you even know what Jailbreak is?

"the jailbreak now also supports the Cydia app store"

Jailbreak IS installing the Cydia app store so that part is redundant.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Don't care. I'd never buy a device that I have to 'hack' in any way to be able to use as I see fit.
Apple can stick their stuff where the sun don't shine as far as I am concerned.

And before you tell me I am just jealous because I can not afford their stuff.. I have a MacBook. I with A/V and IT and we use one for compatibility testing. Otherwise it is just gathering dust in a corner as nobody wants to play with it.

square9655

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
@Schnitter

It is apparent that you don't know what jailbreak is. It is possible to jailbreak without installing Cydia. In fact, Cydia didn't even exist until after iOS 2 came out. I jailbroke my iPod touch before Cydia even existed.

Jailbreaking is simply a process that allows you to install 3rd party applications on your device. These third party applications could be installed through SSH, it doesn't require a gui. Now stop trying to correct people when you have no idea what you're talking about.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I'm waiting for Europe to "force" apple to remove iTunes or Safari from all apple products sold in Europe, and give users a list with alternate applications. (It would be nice if they did this with maps too from what I have seen.) Or do they just pick on Microsoft?

Status
Not open for further replies.