New iPhone '4S' Rumor Puts it on T-Mobile, Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
tldr: The 4S isn't much different from the 4 and it will be offered on T-Mobile and Sprint along with AT&T and Verizon.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Ugh. So much for holding onto my 3Gs in hopes that the iPhone 5 would be on the horizon. Though, what I really wish is that I hadn't actually spent money on apps, so that I wouldn't feel like I'm chained to the damn iPhone.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Restatement3dOfTed[/nom]Ugh. So much for holding onto my 3Gs in hopes that the iPhone 5 would be on the horizon. Though, what I really wish is that I hadn't actually spent money on apps, so that I wouldn't feel like I'm chained to the damn iPhone.[/citation]
Continue on with the 4S, then you'll be trapped in the 'S' series line of users. :)

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Restatement3dOfTed[/nom]Though, what I really wish is that I hadn't actually spent money on apps, so that I wouldn't feel like I'm chained to the damn iPhone.[/citation]

Buy an iPod Touch. I travel for work a lot and I wouldn't trade my Black Berry as my main phone but I still get the benefit of apps for my touch. This way I don't drain my phone battery when I play games on the airplane.

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Feel sorry for anyone on T-Mobile if AT&T buys it out. Hopefully the FCC kills the deal considering it would probably be cheaper than 39B for AT&T to just upgrade their own crappy network instead of bringing down another company.

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
LOL, now my previous comment makes no sense! the irritating one above it is gone! lol

However... Honestly, they just keep upgrading the same device. It'll be revolutionary when they add a real keyboard! lol

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]dread_cthulhu[/nom]LOL, now my previous comment makes no sense! the irritating one above it is gone! lolHowever... Honestly, they just keep upgrading the same device. It'll be revolutionary when they add a real keyboard! lol[/citation]
Actually..I think using the touchscreen keyboard is easier than using a small, dinky little phone keyboard. I type pretty damn fast on the touchscreen as compared to tiny ass little buttons.

but as far as this 4S crap goes..I think I might be skipping out on this next upgrade. no point in wasting money on an overkill processor. the 4 is plenty fast for me already.

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
"In the land of the blind the man with one is king"

Kudos to apple for giving clueless wanna be techies walking sticks.

Love my epic 4g. Love my windows 7. Love being able to use the hardware I buy the way I see fit and not being locked to a device by id and credit card if I choose not to be. Try doing that on your I anything..

masterofevil22

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Could also use "I" in this case..

"In the land of the blind the man with one I is king"...lmao.

Apple, "we make dumb people think they're smart". Hillarious.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]masterofevil22[/nom]"In the land of the blind the man with one is king"[/citation]

Where is this land 'blind the man'?

In the land of the blind , the one-eyed man is king.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I used to come to Tomshardware to get the latest information on computing, but it has changed, it is now a site for promoting products. Where are the reviews on the latest tablets? where are the reviews on the latest smartphones? Their view of what constitutes a computer has narrowed to two areas, Games machines and Apple devices. I cannot say how sad it is to see the demise of a once great site. I will switch to OSNews and ENGadget for my info from now on.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]So we are seeing a trend; 3G -> 3GS, 4 -> 4S.But how about the US government do something about standardizing what people call "4G"?[/citation]

Why? Do some research - it only takes a minute or two to figure out whether or not a phone uses 4th generation hardware, regardless of whether or not it is labeled as "4G". Government regulation of something like that would just be a needless waste of tax dollars, at a time when that money could be used vastly more effectively elsewhere.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]Restatement3dOfTed[/nom]Ugh. So much for holding onto my 3Gs in hopes that the iPhone 5 would be on the horizon. Though, what I really wish is that I hadn't actually spent money on apps, so that I wouldn't feel like I'm chained to the damn iPhone.[/citation]
Jailbreak it.

Status
Not open for further replies.