New iPhone Ads Backs AT&T in 3G Coverage War

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Say you're on a call and your friend wants to know, "What time is the move?

You can tell him, "Its at 7:----------------------------"
!$*@#!# phone service!!!!!!!!!!

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
So Apple Almighty is lying to the public again and on behalf of a company that does have limited 3G coverage as truthfully pointed out by Verizon. They are trying to bury this with the B\S from AT&T and Apple. How pitiful can you get? Oh, sorry. Bad question. This is about AT&T and Apple after all.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
In Portland, Oregon AT&T has the best cell phone service of any carrier including Verizon. Even the data speeds are significantly faster than Verizon's and it works every single time. No one has better HSPA data service than AT&T.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Apple: "Say you are in this situation, blah blah blah"
No...
Apple: "Say you don't ever plan ahead anymore, don't worry about directions, what time the movie starts, where you are going, don't even bother thinking..."
Maybe you should print out the directions, at least know what time the movie starts! Most of these situations put you in a car aimlessly driving around trying to figure out where to get where you are going on your iPhone. Maybe you should pay attention to the road...

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
[citation][nom]techguy378[/nom]In Portland, Oregon AT&T has the best cell phone service of any carrier including Verizon. Even the data speeds are significantly faster than Verizon's and it works every single time. No one has better HSPA data service than AT&T.[/citation]
strangely, even with (or especially with) the largest number of responses, AT&T rates lowest in its reception in Portland OR:

Carrier

Avg Rating

No. of Comments
Verizon Rating Verizon 2.64 39
Nextel Rating Nextel 2 6
Sprint Rating Sprint 1.92 25
T-Mobile Rating T-Mobile 1.87 47
AT&T Rating AT&T 1.85 75
http://www.cellreception.com/coverage/or/portland/page1.html
Hmmm. . . anecdotes don't a good sample make.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I think I stick up for AT&T so much because I enjoy my iphone, and because since i'm locked into a contact w\ them there is no point hassling to switch service.

I only multi task apps + phone calls every once in a while... which is better than being able to have 3g coverage in alot of places I will never be.

I'd switch to verizon if they gave me a droid and my payments were cheaper.

2 Thumbs up for an honest ad that actually advertises something.

G

I live in Seattle and do not get service at my house with Verizon. I switched to AT&T and iphone and now get 4 bars. Around town I notice no difference. Internet while calling does seem a little pointless until you have it. When I am on a conference call it is great.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Talk about AT&T being all butt-hurt. They even went crying to Apple to do something.

What they need to do is shutup and fix their service

G

I like AT&Ts new map Ad; showing their coverage zone; and talking like Verizon was lying. AT&T is hoping the consumer is such a retard they cant understand what 3G means; and luckily for them Apple customers are.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Pretty soon when the iPhone is no longer exclusive AT&T is going to bomb. It is going to be like kicking the crutch out from under a crimpled person, they aren't going to know what hit them.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
What's funny is they don't mention that the data + phone service is only available in AT&T's 3G coverage, which the "Map for that" ads already showed is pitifully small.

I didn't even know this was a limitation on my Droid until I saw these advertisements... Shows how many times I have tried to use data while I'm on the phone. Doesn't seem like a very big feature to me. Seems as though Apple/AT&T are grasping at straws and trying to make mountains out of mole hills to cover up their issues.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Apple has to defend AT&T because they are being attacked too. When most people say iPhone they think AT&T and visa-versa. That being said, being able to use internet while on the phone is a nice feature, but one that only applies to idiots and business people. Both of which have been pointed out in above comments. The iPhone is a terrible cooperate phone leaving Blackberry's as the only phone viable for them on AT&T. This leaves the idiots...

Status
Not open for further replies.