New Kindle Cloud Reader, VUDU Apps Bypass Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Good for Kindle and VUDU I say! This is the reason Apple wants it to be illegal to have any other tablets beside the iPad. They want to corner the market and then tax the hell out of every app and transaction.

Apple is doing s*** to bring me the content that is part of the kindle app (apart from the hardware which you already paid for) so there is no way they deserve 30% of the proceeds from the book sales inside the app.

G

You were always able to use a browser on iPad or iPhone to access this thing called "the internet". How is this different?

G

I circumvent the issue by omitting Apple hardware and software. :-D

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Dont worry IPad users soon you will receive an update for your browsers that have been recompiled to block all known internet sites who attempt to deceive and cheat Lord Jobs of the tax he deserves.

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Dont worry IPad users soon you will receive an update for your browsers that have been recompiled to block all known internet sites who attempt to deceive and cheat Lord Jobs of the tax he deserves.[/citation]
Thanks to Android - they will not do that. If they start filtering web content, even apple funboys will not buy iPad, and switch to android.

It is ironic how Apple was pioneering HTML 5 (as oppose to flash) and got this :) I think it is great development and this may even force Apple to giveup in app purchases. I mean, why would not everyone, like newspapers, journals and such, follow the same model as Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.