New laptop hanging af

shuklaanurag998

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017
I bought a new laptop 2 months
Ago( lenovo ideapaod 520 with 16 gb ram and i7 7gen) and it is hanging too much.Even when i start youtube on edge it hangs in the middle of the video and then i have to force shut down by using power button. Then it takes 30 min to start again and after 15 minutes of use i have to restart again. I have Mcafee antivirus as well as gtx 940 graphic card. Help me please

Solution
Did you try the previous told suggestions? If you need further help how to do a test, please ask. The heat cannot be felt outside of the laptop.

Is norton and mcafee installed at the same time?

Also you can try resetting windows to factory default with a DVD or USB flash drive (use Microsoft media creation tool to get a bootable usb drive)
uninstall mcafee and use another antivirus tool like avast, antivir,...

How hot is your CPU and GPU getting? Use coretemp and GPU-Z for it

check your harddrive/SSD with its manufacturer´s tool

download the usb installer from memtest.org to an USB flash drive and boot from it

eventually RMA the laptop

shuklaanurag998

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

I have norton 360 also but i cant even install it properly. As i told, the laptop is hanging so badly :(
It is not at all heating. It is actually cool due to its metal body but not functioning properly.
I have a dell laptop also with just 8 gb ram(as compared to my 16 gb lenovo). It is running very smoothly but lenovo is not.
Is it so that lenovo laptops are not good.
Moreover i have just installed 5 external programs. these are Steam, bit torrent, virtual box, Anaconda and office
I have no idea what to do with this one. Please help