New Laptop Having Big Issues

Owais Akhtar

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
I recently got a Lenovo Y700 (has a GTX 960m if its helpful) which was working mostly okay since yesterday. The keyboard would stop functioning in use (mostly in games, but other times as well) After this, DxDiag, or games would not run giving a directX error, followed by a driver power state failure blue screen. The laptop would restart to bootloader where the keyboard would still wouldnt work, and I had to hard shutdown. This issue also occurs in the bios screen where the keyboard just die. This morning it happened again and my laptop would not turn on or charge. I tried turning it on again right now by holding the power button and it turned on. What could be causing this issue? Faulty motherboard? Should I ask for a new unit or get this repaired.

Note: All drivers/BIOS are updated to latest version

lucaswyrm

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
Well, I Don't Know Much About This Problem, But When I Have These Kind Of "gliches" I Uninstall The Keyboard Drivers and Install Them Again, Sometimes The Drivers Like To "die".. And Uninstall DirectX And Install Again, See, If Problem Is Fixed....

Owais Akhtar

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013

Already tried that, no help. I dont think the drivers would be the culprit if the keyboard dies from the start. Sometimes when the PC boots the keyboard is dead and I cant even press the F2 key to load into bios