New Laptop - Low FPS?

CN Shana

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015
I bought a new laptop and am receiving no more than 15-17 fps in games on any detail setting.

Components:
i7 6700HQ 2.6ghz-3.5ghz
gtx 970m
samsung 950 pro 256gb ssd
windows 10 64bit
kingston hyperx 2400mhz 16gb ram

another note: the previous day everything was working fine and i was getting a consistent 75 fps in league although i honestly felt it should of been higher :/.
the only thing i've done in between is a few torrent downloads, so naturally I ran a virus test and a malwarebytes antimalware test and both found nothing bad in my comp.

pls help anyone, its greatly appreciated.

This is a FurMark Benchmark test I ran too at 1920x1080 and i got such poor results it almost makes me want to cry since this is a brand new laptop :/.....
5d6m4k.png

CN Shana

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015

how would i go about doing that
unless you mean like, "is my computer running slower due to heat related issues" then the answer is no
if i put my hand on the bottom of the laptop its about similar to lukewarm water temperature

anoori9000

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

Use aida 64 stress test to tes the CPU thermal throttle. IT should tell you if it is or not. then get something like MSI afterburner to just test the GPU and use the built in stress test.

CN Shana

Estimable
Jun 10, 2015

I got that test here
do8e4l.png

Another interesting thing, today when starting the comp up, and then starting to play league of legends, i was receiving a locked in 30 fps, i was playing in i think 1600x900 windowed because i dont like fullscreen that often. but then when i went to full screen, i was getting anywhere from 200-300fps, but my champion was constantly skipping around the map as i moved which wasn't really lag, it just seemed like i was missing 30% of what was happening. So then I re enabled V-Sync, in both the client, and the nvidia control panel, restarted league, and then got a consistent 75 fps in full screen on maximum detail, and no skips or lag at all. but its weird to get 75 since i have the framerate capped at 60.

Fontes15

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
Probably when you play windowed your computer uses the integrated graphics card and when you set fullscreen it changes to gtx 970m.

About 75fps with V-Sync, probably your pc is changing your resolution to another (lower) to support 75hz. But there's nothing to care, it's not related with your low fps.