New Razer Blade locked games at 30 fps

bobbleshwartz

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I just got my brand new Razer Blade last night, and I'm very happy with it. However, I've just started booting up my games, and it appears that every game is locked at 30 fps. At first I was worried that it was a performance issue, but even games like the binding of Isaac gave this issue. All of my drivers appear to be up to date, but I could be missing something. I'm new to windows 8, and windows laptops in general, so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Yes there is!
If you're using a laptop, click the battery icon in the notification area on the taskbar By default, the Balanced and Power saver plans appear on the battery meter. Then click on more power options. Click on SHow additional plans and select the High Performance plan.
That should unlock the FPS and give you more performance in general while on baterry, but it will consume more battery, so you can just put it on High Performance if you are going to game, and if you want to save battery put it on Power Saver.
Hope I could help!

bobbleshwartz

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
So I just realized that this problem goes away when the laptop is plugged in. Is there any way that I can make it so that the performance doesn't go down the drain when the laptop isn't charging?

Andreamorim112

Estimable
May 3, 2015
Yes there is!
If you're using a laptop, click the battery icon in the notification area on the taskbar By default, the Balanced and Power saver plans appear on the battery meter. Then click on more power options. Click on SHow additional plans and select the High Performance plan.
That should unlock the FPS and give you more performance in general while on baterry, but it will consume more battery, so you can just put it on High Performance if you are going to game, and if you want to save battery put it on Power Saver.
Hope I could help!

Solution