New series 7 samsung laptop notebook battery wont charge beyond 80%

Status
Not open for further replies.

orisha

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
So, i bought the samsung 7 series notebook brand new in a manhattan bestbuy store something like a month ago. Worked like a charm untill yesterday, when i noticed my battery wont charge beyond 80%. Reinstalling the ACPI device from the device manager (really long name, dont remamber :sarcastic: ), like some sites suggested didnt change a thing. Any ideas?

Solution
"like a month ago" - Less than, more than??
I'd go by best buy (does not have to be the same store) and check with them first, then as jaguarskw indicated call samsung support.

Seems I read something in the manual about periodic recalibratinging the charge. Dought this would be the problem as you should not have problem so quickly. I have the Samsung RF711-SO1. Still able to watch DVD on plane and still have some juice left over. Have had over 6 Months.

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
"like a month ago" - Less than, more than??
I'd go by best buy (does not have to be the same store) and check with them first, then as jaguarskw indicated call samsung support.

Seems I read something in the manual about periodic recalibratinging the charge. Dought this would be the problem as you should not have problem so quickly. I have the Samsung RF711-SO1. Still able to watch DVD on plane and still have some juice left over. Have had over 6 Months.

Solution

orisha

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Going to Besybuy is indeed the best idea, but I wont be in the states for quite a long period. I do know i have an international warrenty. I'll try contacting the local samsung dealer, hopefully he'll help.

uzi_55

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Samsung has a default setting which does not allow battery life to charge over 80% as a standard setting in order to help prolong the overall battery life. however this setting can be simply removed by opening easy settings, going to general and turning off battery life extender

carmine_92

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012

Go to Start , Then ALL Programs , Samsung Settings , ECO Mode , And turn the battery saver off !

hellboy316

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Orisha, I don't know your problem has been fixed or not but u can try one thing. Reboot your system, enter the Bios setup - Under advanced tab disable the battery life cycle radio button.
Now your laptop will get charged fully :) :sol:

Status
Not open for further replies.