New Smart TV - Firestick?

syoung03

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I have a 2017 Samsung Smart TV. Using the menu you can open Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, DirectTV, Amazon Prime, etc. I don't like that I have to open Hulu to view this show and Netflix to watch something else. It's hard to keep track of which program will work for certain shows/movies. I'm thinking of switching from Direct TV to Direct TV NOW, but need to get something like an Amazon Firestick to use it. Will the Firestick consolidate all of the available programs into 1 "table" where I can view all of the shows/movies in 1 menu or will I still have to open different programs to watch different things? Other than being able to use Direct TV NOW, what advantages will the Firestick give me?

For the foreseeable future, your search for 1 menu will be futile.

Actually running a dedicated HTPC with Kodi *may* do it, but Kodi, being free and Linux, will require lots of the effort and time to make it work, lets call it, user resource intensive, if u have tons of free time. Satisfaction NOT guranteed.

syoung03

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

---Thank you for the response. Because i already have an app menu on my TV, will the Firestick offer me any advantages other than access to Direct TV NOW?