Question Amazon Firestick won't work with Sharp's 32 inch TV

May 22, 2021
Hello

recently bought a refurbished sharp 32 inch TV (model LC-32LE185LM) and it just wouldn't work with my Amazon firestick. Occasionally it shows the fire logo and then theres a slight blipp then it goes blank.

Stick works on my Samsung 24 inch monitor without issues (although since its a computer monitor theres no sound but I can use a bluetooth speaker with the firestick). Did you guys face a similar issue? If yes how did you resolve it? Could it be an issue with the way it resolves video? Do I need to change settings on the firestick?

Last edited:
May 22, 2021
Did you check with anything else on that TV to make sure it's not the port? If the TV is older it may not be able to work with the Firestick output.
Hello there. Thanks for the response

Could you please elaborate? I have an android box that I have using on that very port if thats what you meant. So the HW is A-ok. I can see the firetv logo and a bit of multi-colored cloud animation for a sec and then the screen goes blank

Hello there. Thanks for the response

Could you please elaborate? I have an android box that I have using on that very port if thats what you meant. So the HW is A-ok. I can see the firetv logo and a bit of multi-colored cloud animation for a sec and then the screen goes blank

I am not sure if you can set the resolution on the fire stick, try to set it to 720 and see if it works then.